Monday, August 5, 2013

A Brief Thank You

I am a feeler. I think with my heart, I remember with my heart, I act with my heart. When I first found out that the possibility existed for me to go on a delegation to Palestine/Israel with Interfaith Peace Builders, my heart knew before my head did that it must happen. I filled out the application and left it on my desktop for a week. Eventually the feeling of being called to bear witness in Palestine became impossible to ignore, and I sent in the application. The real leap of faith came when a few weeks later I made the decision to send in a deposit, knowing the trip was going to cost way more than I could afford. I took a leap of faith, and I was right to do so. I was able to pull together a few grants, I spent hours making baked goods with friends and selling them at midnight, and I asked for help. I asked for people to have faith in me as well. This was most difficult for me, but also most rewarding. I set up an online fundraising account, and donations came from all walks of my life. From people I have never even met, to people who were there the day I was born. From housemates, dear friends and Friends,  to colleagues, and partners in the fight for justice. It became quickly apparent to me how lucky I am! My community believes in me more than I believe in myself sometimes. It really pushed me to listen to myself and what I am being called to do, to take more time for expectant silence and worship. 

I am incredibly grateful to everyone who donated. It is so affirming! A million thanks to you all for your monetary support, and for all the other support you have given me that has brought me to where I am today. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. I would not be going on this trip if not for each of you. I am seriously blown away every time I think of how lucky I am to have each of you in my life. Expect a more thorough and personal thank you upon my return :)

No comments:

Post a Comment